View Single Post
Old
07-27-2013, 07:02 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
I do not want to burst anyone's bubble- however i keep saying Eberle on a lot of projected teams. People still cling to his WJC tournaments where he was fantastic. I seen a lot of Edmonton games this year and he was invisible in a lot of them. He did not overly impress me at this year's WC as well. He is not ready for prime time, and frankly there are other better options than him for Sochi. He is in the outside looking in right now.
A lot of people aren't really thinking about the conditions and circumstances when putting their teams together. Having, for instance, Thornton, Getzlaf, J. Staal et al. -- big slow players -- all over the roster, simply isn't going to happen. Hockey Canada will likely take one or two bigger, slower players but not many. They're get shredded on the larger ice surface.

If we do bring someone slow -- such as Thornton (who sucks at international tournaments) or Getzlaf -- then I think it's paramount that we put someone quick and defensively-aware on the same line. Someone like Bergeron might be effective with slower players.

I just hope we don't go with too many veteran guys. Take one of Iginla, Marleau, St. Louis, etc. -- but don't take them all.