Thread: Proposal: Offer sheet Cody Franson
View Single Post
Old
07-27-2013, 08:20 AM
FerrisRox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleGumPlant View Post
Normally I would propose a trade but seeing how Franson is on the Leafs means that the Leafs would not trade with the Habs unless there is an overpayment. It would also be difficult for Toronto to match or retaliate seeing how they are close to the cap limit and haven't signed Kadri yet.

25 yrs old, right shooting defenseman, 6'5" and 29 pts in 45 games last year (on pace for 53 pts in a 82 game season). No chronic injuries (ribs and face are acute). The 3 prior seasons he was on pace for 30 pts per 82 game season.

If I had to take a guess he's looking in the 4M - 4.5M range x 5 years meaning an offer sheet would cost us a 1rst and a 3rd.

Now an offer like that would put us over the cap which means it is not really feasible right now (why did we re-sign Bouillon mid-year?), but could work if MB is able to move Moen or Diaz, etc.
Other than his size - which is a mirage - he's absolutely not what his hockey team needs. If you pay $4 or $4.5 for Cody Franson you're a fool.

Frankly, even after his awful season, I think the hockey club is better with Moen' grit, toughness and character than it would be with yet another puck moving defenseman, something the team already has plenty off. Adding Franson addresses zero needs for the team and would cost more money than he's worth.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote