View Single Post
Old
07-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Maplelaughs97
The Kids Are Alright

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyHF View Post
I think some of the Leafs fans here overrate the guy. To me he has always been the kind of D who will get exploited if playing on the top 4 consistently. Right now last season makes him look better than he is IMO. Depends what he's asking but i dont think Nonis is ****ing things up just yet.

But then again im not an expert on the Leafs so i might be wrong.
You need more viewings. While i kinda agree he may be getting overated due to the top ten dman scoring acumen but the guys physical game has come miles and miles from his Nashville days. Provides great outlet passes and is a decent puckmover (abliet slightly below avg mobility) and a very active reach/stick that helps cover up the odd ill advised pinch. That age, size, offensive ablility and physicality is a pretty attractive package and i see him playing top 4 somewhere, very likely Toronto. The Leafs are also deperate for a right hand d (Holzer, Granberg and Blacker are the only alternatives currently though i believe Ranger can play the right side) as he is currently the only one slated to start the year with the big club in a definitive way. Carlyle likes to play guys on their strong side so having such a dearth of potential rightys is pretty contrary to his ideal style unless a trade is in the works. This talk of 6 million is silly. He's gonna get alot closer to 3 than 6. As a ufa maybe it's possible but not as a rfa, the Leafs hold nearly all the cards. Now he could be dealt for the right fit/offer but the assets to pry him loose would likely have to be significant. With so many teams tight at the cap his options for an offer sheet to force their hand is also somewhat muted..He is a pretty phenomenal special teams player though.

Last edited by Maplelaughs97: 07-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.