Old
07-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Ok, let me get this straight. Your two best offensive players and probably your fourth or fifth best offensive player were "fine" in the SCF. You definition of fine is three of your top five players scoring two points each and being a -21. Even if I would agree with you that their play could be categorized as "fine" throughout the series (which I don't), you are going to tell me that you think you can win a Stanley Cup where three of your top five players play "fine" in the series? And that is without getting into the fact that there were three one goal losses.

And once again, I agree that improved play by Leighton would have helped. I have never once said it wouldn't have. I don't know why you keep acting like I am saying goaltending was not an issue. It absolutely was. But there were other issues. It isn't a hard concept. But I guess you are right, as usual, because you say so. Richards, Carter, and Gagne's performances were fine and improved play from them would not have had the same impact on the series.

Huh? I didn't say I'd rather have Mez than Gus. I said if Gus gets traded in a Sharp-like situation, I wouldn't be too broken up about it. I want (and expect) Mez to be traded.
You're right. It's not a hard concept. Goaltending was 80-90% of the issue. The rest of the team was about 10-20%, at most. The rest of the team was good enough except for the slob in the crease.

Goalies who suck have a much bigger impact that a skater that sucks. A goalie sucking is a far, far larger issue than a skater sucking.