Old
07-27-2013, 11:16 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
When your team STILL scores 22 goals, no, it has no impact. Other skaters can pick up the slack, and on a deep team that's what happens.
That's interesting. It is ok for your best players to not contribute offensively in Stanley Cup Finals if other players are contributing. That is a sentiment that I have never heard before.

Quote:
We saw it from Chicago, too. However, there is no making up for crappy goaltending.
When did we see it from Chicago? Let's say Toews and Kane are the Chicago equivalent to Richards and Carter. In 2010 Toews may have been shut down, but I'm pretty sure Patrick Kane had more than a PPG. This year Kane and Toews both had five points in the finals (.83 PPG), not exactly the same thing as two points (.33 PPG). If Richards and Carter had three more points each, chances are the Flyers would have won (NU-UH BECAUSE LEIGHTON SUCKED AND EVERYONE ELSE PLAYED WELL!).

But again, I'll just concede because you are always right. Leighton's poor play had more of an impact than the poor offensive production of Richards (the team's leading scorer going into the series) and Carter (arguably the team's best goal scorer). Improved play in net would have won them a Cup. Improved play from their best offensive players wouldn't have, even though three of the four losses were one goal games. I'll take my wild, off-the-wall, extreme theories elsewhere.