View Single Post
Old
07-27-2013, 05:44 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
Yes but to be fair Lids was early early early on in his career.

Bure absolutely embarrassed people with his speed and deking ability. More his speed and insane ability to finish. Datsyuk makes people look like they're in the wrong league with his pure skill, shaking and baking i.e. slipping off players and juking/jiving etc., and pure creativity. I give Datsyuk the edge in the making people look foolish department. His breakaway goal on Turco was a landmark IMO, basically the single most embarrassing, pick-up-your-jockstrap owning I've ever seen.
Agreed. But to be honest it wasn't as much "Lidstrom looking retarded" like the ignorant comment above mentioned as much "Lidstrom looking slow". What do you do when a guy can accelerate outside that fast when he already has a step on you? Even positional play can't help you in that situation.

As for making "Lidstrom look retarded" - no one did it better than prime Forsberg. Even prime Lidstrom was having issues with him. He dared to dangle in situations where no one would anticipate it - even Lidstrom. But even that wasn't consistent. Lidstrom would consistently win the 60-minute matchup vs whatever forward unit he was up against on a game-in, game-out basis. And that's why he's the greatest player of the 1995-2010 era.