View Single Post
Old
07-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Clive Bixby
AMG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
You can't look at the success at the lower level and expect that to be what it's going to be at the next level. You have to look at the tools and see which of those will help him at the higher levels. Right now, I see an elite set of hands, a bit of leadership, and a solid work ethic. I don't see the skating. I don't see the IQ. Even if he was taller those things would worry me.

Watch that hat trick again. Is he really taking matters into his own hands? I saw Kerdiles do that in Wisconsin. I didn't see Roy do that at Northeastern. Hell, in that conference, I saw Gaudreau do that, and it wasn't just about supporting cast. Your supporting cast may up your points, but you are still responsible for the performance. I'd still put a guy like Gaudreau behind a few of the guys that we have left.
The goals he scored on the hat trick were definitely opportunistic. But if you watch the whole game you'll see he worked his ass off to get himself in position to score those goals. Roy did the best anybody could do at NU with what's going on in the program. Supporters of the NU program want the head coach gone along with the athletic director. It's a rough time to be a player or fan of the Huskies program at the moment. Kerdiles and Johnny G are in programs that are light years ahead of NU in terms of talent on the ice and behind the bench. Neither of those players could have made a bigger impact than Roy did at NU.

I think Sorenson and Roy are around the same skill level but I firmly believe Roy has the skill-set to be ranked @ #14 or 15 when compared with the rest of the players left.

Clive Bixby is offline   Reply With Quote