Thread: Player Discussion: Team better off without Kovalchuk?
View Single Post
Old
07-27-2013, 11:03 PM
JimEIV

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
No doubt in my mind that Parise was missing Kovalchuk more than Kovalchuk was missing Parise. Even with all of Kovalchuk's injuries and lackluster play this season, he still had more points per game than Parise. I'll apologize in advance for using a small sample to prove any point, but the 11-12 playoffs tell me everything I need to know. Kovalchuk and Parise were split up, Parise played with the most effective forward on the team (Elias), and couldn't outscore the slowest Kovalchuk we will ever see, while Kovalchuk drew the top defensive pairs and Parise got nearly a 60% o-zone start rate.

Kovalchuk rules, Parise drools. It just sucks we got Parise's prime years and Kovalchuk's decline, and not the other way around.
The difference in points was marginal at best.... .79 vs .83 and when you factor in the minutes played it becomes a joke....18 goals vs 11 is the way I see it and Parise brings so much more to the table on nightly basis that there is no conversation. Not that this thread is a Parise v. Kovalchuk... but Kovalchuk has been a difficult fit his whole career not just in New Jersey... you need to let him do his thing to be effective, but while letting him do his thing you destroy your club...sorry but Parise would slot in on any team in the NHL...Kovalchuk is a chore....that is the difference.

JimEIV is online now   Reply With Quote