Old
07-28-2013, 01:09 AM
blackat
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Sorry Rhea.

No arguing here, I was just providing input on a skate that is supposedly high end for a nice price. Maybe AIREAYE is right and those skates are not good for you. All I meant was for you to try them on, not buy them right away. There's no harm in doing so.

If I created an issue, I apologize. I was just trying to provide a skate model for her to size.
it's okay, dude! Like I said, I'm definitely just gonna try on a bunch and see how I feel. When I originally bought my skates, I'm fairly certain they only had Bauer and maybe Reebok brands, and that was it. It was a super small skate shop inside a rink. I'm definitely going to wait until I move to the US to start looking for a new pair of skates, there's no use trying to find a decent pair here. That, and they're almost twice the price! I think mine were originally close to 200 dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Suggestions are appreciated, and there's really no problem with them. The point I was trying to make was that since Rhea was targeting a lower end model, there would not be a point in trying the top end one because it would not provide an accurate estimate of how they fit.

But obviously if the store hypothetically only had that skate in your size to try, it's better than nothing, and if anything, it gives you some idea of how models scale up the line.
Yup, that's basically my thoughts too. I would love to have a pair of higher end skates, but I'll have to see how my budget goes and what happens over the next 6 months.