View Single Post
Old
07-28-2013, 06:10 AM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Komarov, Joensuu, Bergenheim, Hartikainen, Petrell, Pihlström... and they're just the tip of the iceberg. Only reason for having the 4th roled differently is if we suddenly had a shortage of reliable two-way guys - and well... we actually have far more of them battling it out for those remaining two slots than we'll ever have for the three lines above 'em. Lady Fortuna would need to pull a double shift and hire some extra help to sideline 'em all.
I'm starting to repeat myself quite badly, but I'll make one final comment on the players you listed above. Komarov will likely be there if in good shape and Pihlström could make a fairly decent utility player, but there are still some question marks with the other players you listed. Hartikainen and Petrell have never even played at men's World Championship's and it's unclear what kind of success they'll find with their new teams. Joensuu might be sitting in the press-box for half of the upcoming season and playing 6 to 8 minutes a night for the other half. Bergeinheim played 2 games last season and is returning from a groin injury.

Having players who offer some sandpaper on the side is nice, but the reality is that we have a very limited number of such players with the ability to compete against the best players of the world. Someone like Petrell would certainly look like a everyday 4th liner, no problem, but I'm a bit sceptical about the overall value he'd bring to the team at Euro-Olympics.