View Single Post
Old
07-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Guffaw

vCash: 500
My .02

It's absolutely dumb to play at any level without full face protection unless your getting paid.

I used a full cage my whole career up until a few months ago. Went with a Avision full shield. There are pluses and minuses to both.

Cage- no fog, scratch, moisture issues. Face gets less hot. Downside is you have bars in front of your eyes=worse vision. There's a reason almost every other sport/profession uses some kind of clear shield for face protection. You simply can see better.

Avision mask-better vision hands down. It has made me a better player. No "fog" issues. Downside-face gets hotter, I sweat a lot and it lands on the mask so you have to keep wiping it off. Sure you can see fine with a cage but its those situations where you get a split second to look up and get a snapshot of the ice. I find its just clearer with the shield and I'm making better plays because of it.

At the end of the day it's whatever makes me a better player. I use the full shield and wipe the sweat off between shifts. It's a pita, but I'll take the better vision. If it gets scratched then replace it.

Guffaw is offline   Reply With Quote