View Single Post
07-28-2013, 10:15 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by JagrsMullet View Post
You can't ask someone to lose their competitive nature. Some people are just wired that way.

As for rec hockey, I want to win. Every time. I'll do whatever it takes to win and I have always been like that ever since I first strapped on my skates at the age of 6. At the same time I have always been a realist. I know when I'm the better player and when I'm not. When I'm the bender of the group I will gladly step off the ice for better players to get on if it gives us a chance to win. Losing isn't fun. I don't know how anyone can find joy in losing.
Well said sir. To be clear it doesn't mean playing dirty, or being an a hole when the game is over and you lost. I get players much better and younger than me that get all pissy when I give 100% defending them. I guess I'm just supposed to lay down while you have your fun? Not gonna happen

I don't get home after midnight for "exercise". I do it because I'm a man and men have always enjoyed banding together and kicking another group of men's ass. It's still in our DNA if you have a pair.

Guffaw is offline   Reply With Quote