View Single Post
Old
07-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Shaun_W_W

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuick View Post
To stress this again:

Even after reading this post, people are still upset/freaking out. I don't get it.

That's called negotiating. They'll settle somewhere in between those two numbers. 1.35 is my guess.
1.35 is too high though. He was great as our 6th dman but when he got more minutes against better players he got exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
IDK, the players gave up a lot in money and are eligible for arbitration later now too, so I appareciate that they got a concession back. It's kind of stupid to get an obviously insulting QO (not talking specifically Fraser here) and then be strung along for several month only to have the club walk away from an award.

Maybe it would make more sense to put it in relation to the QO, say, you can only walk away from an awards more than 1xx% of the QO, but in the end it does kind of make sense this way too, because it is those guys with the ~1m salary who are interchnageable and need this protection. If a panel of objective judges thinks all your peers earn over 3.5m, you'll probably find another gig easily.
The QO is a formula, it has nothing to do with how the organization values you. It is your last contract minus bonuses plus a percentage that varies depending on how much your last contract was.