View Single Post
Old
07-28-2013, 05:51 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Could you elaborate on this a little bit more? He played 27 games last year, and I don't remember exactly what would make him statistically a top four defender from these 27 games. I agree that Mez is overpaid and injury prone. No doubt about that. That is why I think he should be (and will be traded). However, if he is not, he is still a better hockey player than Gus if he is healthy. You don't throw away a guy's career after an 11 game injury shortened season, just like a guy doesn't become a top four defender based on a 27 game shortened season.
In 27 games this year, Gustafsson's relative CORSI (CORSI-on minus CORSI-off) was a -0.4.

In 11 games this year, Meszaros' relative CORSI was a -26.2. He was just above Jody Shelley (1 game) and Harry Zolnierczyk (7 games), whose relative CORSIs were the worst on the team. He was just above Jay Rosehill's 11-game stint with us.

In 30 games last year, Gustafsson's relative CORSI was a +0.2.

In 62 games last year, Meszaros' relative CORSI was a -1.07.

In 3 games the year before last, Gustafsson's relative CORSI was a +26.6 (obviously inflated drastically by his short stint).

In 81 games that year, Meszaros' relative CORSI was a +2.2. That was his best year, and the year he was our "best" defenseman.