View Single Post
Old
07-28-2013, 06:59 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I have this feeling that Hank will be the second coming of Eddie. We'll have a retirement ceremony about 15 years from now for the greatest goaltender in rangers history and a future HOF. His number 30 will be next to number 11, 9, 1, etc. and on the other side, the banner for the last Cup we won 1993-94.

That would seem to make a lot of people happy here. But I am a ranger fan, I want championship banners not retirement jerseys. If we pay this guy 8 or 9 mio for the next 6 or 7 years, there will not be enough cap space left to sign bozo.
Sorry, that's probably not the case. First of all, I don't think he's getting 9M/per. But regardless of what he gets, we've got Richards' ~7M coming off the books next summer. Additionally, the cap is expected to start rising again next year. Granted, we've got quite a few guys to re-sign going forward, but there will be money to spend. Bottom line is paying Hank 7.5M vs. some other guy 5M will have ZERO effect on the team's ability to win the cup during his time here.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote