View Single Post
Old
07-28-2013, 09:18 PM
NMK11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
Nice! What in your opinion is the toughest obstacle course run? I know there are several out there.
The toughest one was the tough mudder. It was the longest (9-11 miles I think), but the worst part about it was on mile 2. They made you wade through and submerge yourself in a pool that they were dumping ice into. Would have felt great if it was 85+, but the temp was 40 when we started. I felt like I went into shock when I got my head wet. If you're in good shape, that's a fun, challenging race. If you're not big on aerobics, stick to the 5k ones.

And I know the idea is to get big with a lot of these workouts, but don't forget your cardio. If it's not running, replace it with something else. As someone with a medical background and a good bit of exercise history, it's not all that safe to build these huge muscles without working out the most important one, the heart. Think you look bigger right after a workout? That's because you are, you increase blood flow to the muscles, and muscles love blood. Double your muscle mass, double the amount of blood flow through them.

NMK11 is offline   Reply With Quote