Thread: Value of: Cody Hodgson
View Single Post
Old
07-28-2013, 09:34 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
It is a fair question to ask a coach what exactly their role is with the team.

He was stuck behind two very good centers thus he may not get a chance to get anywhere for a few years. Maybe his dad saw that ad wanted him to get dealt to another team so he felt he had a better shot at a #1 or #2 Center job.

This trade happened because of need in both teams. Vancouver needed young winger more and buffalo needed a Center more. they were drafted right around the same spot in consecutive drafts (Hodgson #10 2008 and Kassian #13 2009). Neither one had made an impact at the NHL level.

The fact that Vancouver was trying to win now had no bearing in this trade. Its not like Vancouver was acquiring a veteran for a playoff run.

i have talked about this in other posts of mine----

With a hard salary cap now a team cant create a fantasy hockey team of all stars. You need to utilize some cheap players to fill out your roster.

When it comes to forwards if you subbudget the cap to $37M for forwards, $26M for Dmen/G and $1.3M for call ups and deadline moves.

With the $36M if you allocate--- line 1: $15M , line 2: $10M, line 3: $7M, 5 forwards: $4M.

What teams would likely do is balance out the roster over 3 lines where you may have 1 high paid player, 1 medium paid and a cheap player. line 1($12M): $7M C, $4M LW, $1M RW line 2 ($11M): $4.5M C, $1.5M LW, $5M RW line 3($9M): $2.5M C, $2.5M LW, $3M RW
I don't know how anyone who actually followed the situation can believe this.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote