Thread: Proposal: Col-Phx
View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 12:27 AM
huntison

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Keep in mind that we have a very good D corps without OEL already (just not top 5 in the league), so no more need to get a D back unless a premier prospect that makes vey little in salary. We also have the center position set; so unless it's a massive upgrade over Rib and Hanz (Crosby, Stamkos), we are not interested in any other C. Now, onto the packages:
  • Hamilton is interesting; but if we are dealing OEL, we would likely need either a premier forward in the league, or a top 5 D that is still young coming back. Value is there, but doesn't interest the Yotes.
  • Kesler is a 2C, which we have plenty of, he would not be significant upgrade over either Rib or Hanzal; Kassian is close to useless unless he seriously develops further, Horvat is just a prospect right now (I would have taken Nichushkin instead myself).
  • Malkin + Sutter brings back twice the salary of OEL, so no, that's not going to work.
  • Toews is a nice piece, I don't think Saad adds enough to justify. We are more or less set at C for a couple of seasons, so we need a top line winger; we are not moving OEL to bump Rib and Hanzal down to 2C and 3C, and make Vermette play on the 4th line; that's just not a good hockey trade. Kane is far more interesting than Toews.
  • Suter make way too much; he isn't any more effective than OEL right now, and makes much more; Minn would have to retain 33% of salary for that to work. I like Granlund, so that deal is interesting.
  • Parise is also making too much. Scandella doesn't add much to the deal; so I'm not even sure if the value is here at all.
  • Giroux is a great piece; but again, we already have top 3 C spots filled; why in the world would we want 5 Cs: Giroux - Ribeiro - Hanzal - Couturier - and Vermette plays in the AHL? The value is there, but this makes us one of the most unbalanced teams ever.
  • Benn is another center. Like I said a million times, we are looking for top line winger as the primary target. Eakins doesn't add much here anyways.
  • Hedman is not someone that I'm high on, so I wouldn't consider a trade with him being the main piece. I really like Drouin, so if you swiched Hedman out for another forward of Drouin's caliber, I would probably do it.
  • Nash, just no. I wouldn't want to bring all the money and locker room issues to Phoenix.
  • Couture + Burns. I would have said yes prior to signing Ribeiro. But we no longer need a center. Couture would be a nice piece to have in the future; but we still don't get any top 6 wing that we need back. If you can substitute Burns for a winger of similar age and caliber, then this would be a yes.
  • Huberdeau + Barkov. If we assume that Huberdeau can play LW instead of C, then this deal would be a yes. Barkov will probably need some seasoning, and be the eventual replacement for Rib. And Huberdeau can help us right now. So this I would have to say yes to (if Hub plays wing effectively)
  • Ehrhoff would not be the main piece in any deal involving OEL. And Grigorenko has not demonstrated at all that he can translate his game over to NA. So this would be a resounding no.
  • Backes is OK; but we have a player with very similar ability and function in Hanzal. Shattenkirk is OK, but we already have Yandle, so it would also be a duplication. This trade has value, but doesn't provide anything that we need, so not a good idea.
Hahahahahaha

huntison is online now   Reply With Quote