View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
What are people's evaluation's of Beaulieu?

I'm having a bit of a tough time getting a read on him. He has a fantastic ceiling for an offensive defenseman, but he needs to:

A) Refine his defensive game in a big way, he's not ready to play much 5 on 5 in the NHL yet.

And

B) Embolden himself at the NHL level (trust his skills to be a difference maker offensively), as his value is reliant on him being an offensive player.

But there's also alot to like. He has Grade A tools for an offensive minded player, he has good size, he's got more edge than most players of his breed, and he's also coming off a great rookie pro year in Hamilton when considering he was one of the younger guys in the AHL, and that Hamilton lacked offensive talent in a big way.

Also, how should he be handled? I'm thinking he's timing perfectly for when Markov expires after this season, I expect to see him as a semi regular this year, something like 20 games or so, and then having himself ready for a regular spot in 2014-2015. I'd also like to see him dominate the AHL this year, but that might be tough considering his supporting cast.

I have Tinordi ahead of him personally in my personal evaluation, Tinordi is ready to step in and play an important role now and has plus makeup/leadership as opposed to questionable makeup/leadership, but I do consider Beaulieu our most interesting prospect, if not our best.

So what are people's thought's about Beaulieu?
I expect around 50 games for beaulie... sadly therw will be injuries... like all years

Now, I expect him a share of powerplay time... ill say 16pts. Sky is the limit with him maturity may make him a more complete D... a mini subban with fighting skills and taller.

Montreal Impact FC is offline   Reply With Quote