View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Engine View Post
And I completely understand that. Avs fans aren't entirely unfamiliar with other fan bases making proposals without our needs in mind. But a player of, for example, Malkin's caliber would be worth completely changing a team's identity.
In Phoenix's case, defense is still a point of strength, especially with Tippett as coach. And it's not like Phoenix just won anything and don't want to tinker with their team much. To decline a trade for Malkin with a very solid roster player added is ludicrous, and points to a severe overvaluation.
No one from the Phx side is saying that OEL is a better player than Malkin or Crosby or Stamkos or some of the other players listed. (the "1" guy posting about OEL being better than ORR is well insane) What they are saying is that OEL is our best player and therefore wouldn't be traded unless an "overpayment" occurs...which means taking the 'best player' from another team and then adding to it. I'm mean really, this isn't that difficult to understand.

You don't see Phx Fans running around offering '*****' for other teams best players, but yet I can't tell you how many times Phx fans have had to endure reading bad proposal after bad proposal for our best players.

Again, OEL is our best player, he was at the age of 22 the #1 dman for Phx last season and is only going to get better. He isn't going to be a #1 dman in years to come he is one now and I'd argue he is right now one of the top 10 dman in the league. Unless we are trading him for 1 of the top 10 forwards in the league or more more then we're not interested.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote