View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 01:20 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
No, Tlusty had a fantastic year. He was first put with Staal the February before the lockout. He put up 18 points in 27 games, including a 9-game point streak.

Then this past year, Semin was added to the line, and he put up 38 points in 48 games.

In other words, since he started playing in the Top 6, he's put up 56 points in 75 games. Sounds like a fantastic season to me.
So he's had solid parts of 2 seasons. Mostly because of good chemistry with one of the leagues elite players, not because he's an elite player himself. Were there not injuries in Carolina's lineup, would Tlusty have even gotten the shot at a top6 role?

In 80 career NHL games, Mats Zuccarello has put up 41pts though I'm not going to claim he's a .5pp/g player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWAD View Post
Tlusty scored more points than all but Stepan last season, and scored more goals than all six of them.
Semin and Staal are among two of the most talented players in the league. Put any well rounded player with them and they're going to put up some points.

Tlusty isn't a bad player, he's just not the top6, better than .5pp/g that some perceive from his aggregate statistics. He's a well rounded 3rd liner who can play top6 minutes when needed. A well rounded 3rd liner, isn't what the Rangers need and baring some terrible news about his facial injury, they're not worth Marc Staal one of the elite defensive defenseman in the league.

Start talking Faulk and a lottery pick and the discussion about Staal can move forward, just like Jordan. Until then, I think it's a dead issue.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote