View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 01:24 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Quote:
I hope you're the one who gets to break the news to Hank that his oldest friends and best players on the Rangers are moving so that we can accommodate unproven rookies who haven't even seen NHL ice.
Hank, I am personally responsible for suggesting that rather than wait to the last minute and get nothing for our vets, who we will ultimately HAVE to move anyway because of the cap, that we move them for younger guys with a decently high expectation of success, as soon as a good opportunity for such deals is clear.

I know some of these players are your pals, but I know ya wanna win, and unlike you, some of these guys won't be here in 7 or 8 years. Winning is not the only thing. But it is why the games are played, and what we should be planning --- certainly not the opposite, how to lose.

So I trust you can concur when I suggest taking a step backward today to go multiple steps forwards in the short term.

Since I expect you get that it's more about the fans than the players, I was not too worried.

Sincerely,

Bernmeister

Quote:
The Clowe trade should be proof enough that this team is willing to trade future assets for a current run, not the other way around.
Clowe trade should never have been made since there have been doubts about Clowe being able to keep up for the last year + and this is a speed team. The deal was obviously made because Sather smartly wanted to give Torts enough rope with which to hang himself.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote