View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
This is a false argument. "Tremendously deep" compared to what? Compared to the BCHL teams, which is a second-rate junior league. Yes, this team is comparatively deep, but the same squad in college or junior hockey, would've been below average.
He found himself in a spot where he had to adapt to a new role because the team had several veteran players ahead of him at center. He did just that. Yet instead of being lauded for his mental strength, ability to adapt, and vastly improved defensive play, he gets pegged as a guy who couldn't beat out scrubs and score more points in a 'second rate' league.

Like it or not, that team had a lot of offensive skill and Fogarty simply wasn't the most skilled center on the team. Instead of whining about it he showed the determination and commitment to improve his game and turn himself into a well-rounded player. All while still putting up decent numbers and anchoring a line with two guys (Benik and Gervais) who had little idea what the defensive zone even looked like.

I'm pleased with the development he's shown. The offense has always been the least of my concerns and I expect that will be proven with a larger role with Notre Dame this season. So far I've seen nothing in his game that would make me even consider the notion of him having stalled out in his development.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote