Thread: Proposal: Col-Phx
View Single Post
07-29-2013, 03:32 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
No one from the Phx side is saying that OEL is a better player than Malkin or Crosby or Stamkos or some of the other players listed. (the "1" guy posting about OEL being better than ORR is well insane) What they are saying is that OEL is our best player and therefore wouldn't be traded unless an "overpayment" occurs...which means taking the 'best player' from another team and then adding to it. I'm mean really, this isn't that difficult to understand.

You don't see Phx Fans running around offering '*****' for other teams best players, but yet I can't tell you how many times Phx fans have had to endure reading bad proposal after bad proposal for our best players.

Again, OEL is our best player, he was at the age of 22 the #1 dman for Phx last season and is only going to get better. He isn't going to be a #1 dman in years to come he is one now and I'd argue he is right now one of the top 10 dman in the league. Unless we are trading him for 1 of the top 10 forwards in the league or more more then we're not interested.
Every team has a d-man they call #1. OEL being Yotes #1 d-man doesn't mean he is up there with guys like Chara, Keith, Weber etc...

Some of you Yotes fans sound like OEL is the best d-man in the NHL just because he is your best d-man. He hasn't won anything or been nominated for anything yet and whether or not he will ever win an award remains to be seen.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote