View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Wow, I both laughed AND threw up at the same time reading this. Please, don't ever make another trade proposal involving Canadiens' players. A prospect like either Tinordi or Beaulieu would need more than Downie in a deal. In what world do we add to one of our two best blue line prospects in order to get a small 3rd/4th liner who lost last season to knee issues?

No thank you.

As to the OP, it is equally laughable. Eller is far more valuable on either the wing or at center than Downie is. Eller's size, offensive development, and consistent growth throughout his career while only laying third line minutes are worth a heck of a lot more than what Downie is capable of doing.

I wish the guy who put up the OP would admit to being a fan of some other team than the Habs. Or switch allegiances and make horrid proposals for his new team leaving the Habs out of them. Wow, talk about horrific...

09/10 - 79GP, 22G 24A 46 Pts.
10/11 - 57GP, 10G 22A 32 Pts.(On Pace for 45-46 Pts again)
11/12 - 75GP, 14G, 27A 41 Pts.(Again on pace for 45-46 Pts)

I didn't know 3rd/4th line players were capable of putting up 45 pts on a consistent basis.

Not only that but in Downies time with the Avs in 11/12 he was playing at a near PPG before he separated his shoulder and played the last 7-8 games for the Avs injured.

Downie is a 2nd line guy. He's good for 45-50 points and brings grit and toughness that is very hard to find in todays game. He plays a tough game like Lucic in that regard.

I wouldn't move Downie for Beaulieu or Tinordi.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote