Thread: Proposal: Cgy - edm
View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
It'd be a huge risk but I'm not totally against the concept of the deal. Glencross and the first round pick would be the main pieces obviously but I don't think I'd want to add too much more for it. Musil I could handle, Lander I couldn't.

I shudder at how horribly that deal could turn out for Edmonton though if things go wrong. If it ended up a Seguin/Toronto scenario Flames fans would never let us hear the end of it.
Is it not possible that Musil/Lander become good players AND adding Glencross helps the Oilers in a cup run. I think after 8 years of being out of the playoffs, the Oilers can afford to give up the likes of Musil and Lander to position themselves for a playoff run and an eventual cup run. Not to mention Glencross is only 30. It's not like he's going to play one more season and fade into obscurity.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to do a deal with the Oilers with Glencross as the main piece. Not sure how keen they will be to do an intradivisional trade, though there was the Staois trade a few years back. Feaster's jabs at the Oilers organization probably doesn't help.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote