View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 06:33 PM
jml87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
No, it's a bit of a nostalgia, this city has weird obsessions with players that they just can't let go of some of them.

Utley can fetch us a good return right now, this team is going no where & going real fast, trading him now helps us more in the long term.

I'm not banking on his knees getting better & his value staying the same as it is now in a year or two from now.

We're just sinking a ton of time & money into a Dae-Woo right now. This team needs a completely re-haul not aging/terrible contracts. Amaro's already got a half of team full of those.

This team is going to suck with or without Utley in the lineup, I just don't see the positives of keeping him over trading him right now.

When the majority of the fans are calling for a re-build (epspecially Philly fans who are noted for their impatience) I think it's pretty telling what needs to be done.
How does it help us? Taking account for the fact that Amaro is the GM, what do you think the return will be? It's certainly not going to be a Wheeler return. And who are you going to replace him with? Hernandez? Are you just going to slot a scrub in there?

You can rebuild and still compete. They just signed Gonzalez, they obviously want to continue to compete. Biddle and Franco are close. Trade Lee, get at least one of their best prospects. Get rid of Rollins, Pabelbon, and try to get rid of Howard. Obviously you are going to pay a lot of their contracts, but it'll be better in the long run. Then you have a lot of great young players to build around and you can still compete.

You are not going to get the value back for Utley that he is worth. And there's nothing that says that he's going to suddenly regress awfully over the next two years. Why not keep him?