Thread: Value of: Cody Hodgson
View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 07:25 PM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
One that has a bigger role for a developing offensive forward than ~11 minutes at ES, a dwindling zone start ratio, mediocre linemates and less than two minutes of PP time on a second unit where he was its best forward.
He was getting average third line minutes, playing with above average 3rd liners, and was also anchoring the 2nd unit PP (AV referred to it specifically as "Cody's Unit") and not good enough to bump anyone off the first. The only legitimate issue is whether or not he deserved better zone starts, and I personally have no issue with a coach making a developing rookie earn offensive opportunities with strong defensive efforts. What you are suggesting is that he should have been granted privileges above what he had earned on the team. Surely you can see why some fans wouldn't be in favour of that.

I'm glad he's flourished offensively in Buffalo, but I think your claims on how he should have been treated in Vancouver are off base. The only issue I have with the way he was treated is Gillis's comments after the season. Those were unnecessary, but everything else was standard practice, and good practice at that.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote