Thread: Value of: Timmy Thomas?
View Single Post
Old
07-29-2013, 08:09 PM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinManLee View Post
Before I say anything I would like to first apologize if this topic has been brought up previously. I took a long vacation/hiatus from HF after me being extremely inconsistent with activity. I'm back now and this is something I've been questioning.

Aside from his age and sitting out for a season, why hasn't Tim Thomas been picked up? There are plenty that can use a goaltender and it wouldn't hurt to sign Timmy to a small 1 year deal. Is there really no interest for him? I honestly thought he'd be signed before the likes of Jagr, but then again, who knows if Jagr would've received a contract from Jersey if Kovalchuk didn't "retire."

Do you think Thomas will be signed and have 1 more season in the NHL?
I think it depends what Thomas is looking for, is he looking for a #1 job? a tandem situation? a back up job 70%-30% split, back up job for a Lundqvist type of goaltender 90%-10% split?

If he wants a back up job with a 70%-30% split or a little bit more for around $1 million I would guess he would have multiple interested teams, anything more than that and I think his options become less and less.

The most perfect team for him to sign a one year deal in my opinion is Boston.

I really doubt that would happen, but Boston could use a back up with experience and they would play him 25 or so games.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote