Thread: Creatine
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 02:35 AM
SkateThroughIt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesensation19 View Post
I cant say I agree with this at all. I know its all preference but I think you have it all wrong.

First off, if you are a "Two Way Forward" then I dont know if weight is what you need. With more "weight" then you are basically heavier AND have to carry around more weight for longer periods. Being an effective two way player would mean you are reliable for a strong forecheck and backchecking game. You need to have a ton of energy.

A beer or creatine does not give you that. Both will cause dehydration actually and have you less flexible (so less powerful) and less energized. You might feel an energy effect for taking a supplement before a game, but try having a banana with coffee/tea. (honey or sugar on the raw if you must have sweet). Apple I feel gives me most sugar burst.
What I meant by my post was that I use creatine before workouts and real games that matter, not mens league. Creatine definitely helps with energy, and I stay properly hydrated. I don't use it for more weight in workouts, I use it for more reps and a longer workout.

I am a physical player as well, that was the oshie reference, so that's where I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of speed/agility for weight.

SkateThroughIt is offline   Reply With Quote