View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 03:51 AM
Kimahri

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mills View Post
A pretty needy spin, but not entirely accurate. The statement that was made was that Domingue is perhaps their best goaltending prospect, and his resume and recent play support that line of thinking.
So by your logic, Chad Johnson is a better goaltender than either of Mike Smith and Jason LaBarbera(well he's probably better than Barbera) because he had the better numbers in the NHL regardless of sample size? And Lee didn't get "bounced around". He got promoted to the AHL while Johnson was in the NHL when Smith was injured because he was the more deserving at the time. And another time when both Johnson and Visentin were injured.

I'm not trying to downplay Domingue's run at the end of the season, and into the playoffs, it was outstanding. I really like him as a prospect, as well as all of our goaltending prospects outside of Langhammer. But the fact is, he's in the ECHL and Lee is the first call up for a reason. And sample size does matter. Lee also had outstanding numbers in the AHL until his sample size grew larger. And I feel the need to use Chad Johnson as an example again. Look at his small sample size of NHL games. His numbers improved going from the AHL to the NHL. Does anyone think he's going to be an outstanding goalie? Not really. You're putting too much stock into the stat sheet.

I'm not even going to mention anything regarding Morris, considering you seem to be under the impression he's still an offensive defenseman who is below average physically.

Kimahri is online now   Reply With Quote