View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Dundalis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
I agree. He's still only 18, and there is no reason to hurry him. I have a sense that he is more ready at his age than Burmistrov, because of the physical component to his game. He's huge, an absolute bull, and he seems to relish sticking his nose into heavy traffic to mix it up. He did it in the KHL in the height of the playoffs, and scored a few highlight reel goals. He's been a phenom at every level, and I expect that he will be a star in the NHL as well. We'll see.
What are your impression of him? As a Stars fan, we haven't had a draft pick with this much hype since probably Mike Modano.

There's obviously the youtube highlights and various draft reports, but he seems to be by far the hardest player to pick as far as what he could end up being of the top rated prospects in this draft.

Do you see him as another Rick Nash, and does he lack vision? Also what do you make of his junior level scoring? I don't know what the competition levels are in Russia, but I assume the MHL and VHL are junior/lesser leagues? His 10 points for example in 11-12 in 38 MHL
games doesn't stand out. But again Im ignorant of the competition levels in Russia.

Dundalis is offline   Reply With Quote