View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 07:44 AM
cska78

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundalis View Post
What are your impression of him? As a Stars fan, we haven't had a draft pick with this much hype since probably Mike Modano.

There's obviously the youtube highlights and various draft reports, but he seems to be by far the hardest player to pick as far as what he could end up being of the top rated prospects in this draft.

Do you see him as another Rick Nash, and does he lack vision? Also what do you make of his junior level scoring? I don't know what the competition levels are in Russia, but I assume the MHL and VHL are junior/lesser leagues? His 10 points for example in 11-12 in 38 MHL
games doesn't stand out. But again Im ignorant of the competition levels in Russia.
I think he is overrated, he's had one move, that let him get by at a lesser level, by cutting at the goal, he hasn't added much more, from what I had seen, very predictable. He must be eager to work on his game, or he will translate into one move-afinogenov player.
Low scoring in the MHL means nothing - look at Grigorenko/Zykov, the majority of Russian juniors increase their production at the CHL level vs. MHL. I think he can be a good first line player, but he can also slide quite quickly and move back home, all depends on his work - ethic and self-assessment.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote