View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Dundalis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I think he is overrated, he's had one move, that let him get by at a lesser level, by cutting at the goal, he hasn't added much more, from what I had seen, very predictable. He must be eager to work on his game, or he will translate into one move-afinogenov player.
Low scoring in the MHL means nothing - look at Grigorenko/Zykov, the majority of Russian juniors increase their production at the CHL level vs. MHL. I think he can be a good first line player, but he can also slide quite quickly and move back home, all depends on his work - ethic and self-assessment.
Ok fair enough. Though being Afinogenov in style doesn't equal him production wise when you are a 6'4 giant, it would more closely equal Rick Nash. Which would be quite ok for a #10 pick. Just seeing whether fans who watch a lot of Russian hockey see him that way.

Anyone know what his work ethic is like? Doesn't seem to be much on it, except that he likes to play physical, and sometimes takes off shifts. But that's in game. Him going over to spend all summer in the US says he has some dedication.

Last edited by Dundalis: 07-30-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Dundalis is offline   Reply With Quote