Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Leafs re-sign Mark Fraser (1 year, $1.275M)
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 09:24 AM
pezcore

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatomic View Post
He may not be up with the big club this year, if we sign Franson we have something like 8 D-men excluding Rielly, unless theres some serious injuries Rielly won't be up. Plus the cap issue.
ok well im saying this as a hockey fan and not a Habs fan but, wasnt this signing not the priority? Nonis should have dealt with Kadri and or Franson first and that, if enough space, go with Fraser. Not that you guys needed Fraser with already 7 d-men on the roster plus a somewhat good chance that Rielly makes the club this year.

Fraser is a good bottom pairing dmen who brings depth to the team but right now, it takes away salary from Franson and Kadri who'll want that piece of the pie.

Some are saying, easy, just trade Liles but not many are gonna job on that contract unless TML give a little extra like a pick. Only 5 teams have more than 10M. They other ones might not want to spend $3,875M on Liles.

anyways, my opinion that`s all. Alot of blaming the Clarkson signing for the cap restriction that they're having. I get the signing, you always have to overpay come free agency day but I just dont get why Nonis is signing Fraser and a guy like Ranger 1 way deals when he knows hes got less than 5m and 2 big RFAs to sign who, in my opinion will go for more than 2.5M each.

pezcore is offline   Reply With Quote