Thread: Proposal: Col-Phx
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 10:25 AM
the_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagrsMullet View Post
I don't think the Nash situation is comparable because of the context of the situation. Nash wanted out so Columbus had to do what they can and take best offer available.

We all know OEL isn't being shopped so teams are approaching Maloney and it would take an overpayment to pry him out of Phoenix. If the situation was reversed and Phoenix's forward corp is devastated to a point where Maloney is in desperation mode then he would definitely have to settle for fair value or less.
Ok so just show me a trade involving a best player of a team that got a best player of the other team in return.

I really can't think of one. Yeah i know Yotes wont trade OEL, that's the main reason my proposal doesn't look good, but if one day for some reason Yotes want to trade OEL, maybe because he's not happy and wants to be traded, or Yotes find themselves another young d-man that's gonna turn out to be like OEL, or Yotes are very desperate for forwards that they are forced to trade OEL, again this are just hypothetical situations, then my proposal doesn't look so bad all of the sudden.

Look back at Roy's trade, did it get Sakic in return? Nope, it got quantity instead of quality. Yes Roy wanted out of Montreal, but i'm sure if Habs were looking for a better trade than that they could of waited. I'm sure they looked at all options and decided that was the best trade for Roy.

Edit: Exactly, and most of the time when a best player of a team is traded it is because of desperation. No one wants to just trade their best player for the sake of making a trade.

Last edited by the_fan: 07-30-2013 at 10:46 AM.
the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote