Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Zach Bogosian (7 years, $5.14M per)
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 11:45 AM
Guerzy
drive-by fan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
But I'd be curious to see what his total could be if Byfuglien is moved out.
I think many feel the same as you, I know I do. Bogosian has a cannon for a shot, and his passing at the blueline is tape to tape accurate and HARD. Though his shot is not always on target (but better than he used to be when he broke into the league).

I too often wonder what his offensive totals could be if he was given some more of those key offensive minutes such as the PP. We *may* see that this year. As we closed in on the end of last season Noel began using Byfuglien a little different. It became apparent with Byfuglien that "less may be more" in terms of ice time and what he could bring to the table with that ice time. Now, with recent word from Wheeler and photos surfacing and Buff appearing to be in very good shape, he may again continue with those big minutes.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Bogosian take some of Byfuglien's minutes away, even just a bit to ease the load and share the wealth. With that being said, Noel likes to use Enstrom - Byfuglien in the offensive situations, while he relies heavily on Bogosian for defensive situations and match-ups, so we'll see.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote