Thread: Creatine
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 12:25 PM
AngryBoss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensBandwagonerNo272 View Post
Creatine had nothing to do with your hair loss, or your weight gain.

It had to do with your genetics.

The only thing that would cause you to have hair loss at a younger age would be hormonal changes, which would only occur from using steroids.

Creatine is not a steroid and does not affect hormonal balances in humans whatsoever.

Also, creatine IS a natural supplement.

Just a post full of misinformation.

I think creatine is a waste of money. But it is not unsafe. And it won't cause any of this to happen.
Then please explain this:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

Quote:
Main Outcome Measures: Serum T and DHT were measured and ratio calculated at baseline and after 7 days and 21 days of creatine supplementation (or placebo). Body composition measurements were taken at each time point.

Results: After 7 days of creatine loading, or a further 14 days of creatine maintenance dose, serum T levels did not change. However, levels of DHT increased by 56% after 7 days of creatine loading and remained 40% above baseline after 14 days maintenance (P < 0.001). The ratio of DHT:T also increased by 36% after 7 days creatine supplementation and remained elevated by 22% after the maintenance dose (P < 0.01).
It was proven through scientific tests that Creatine in college-aged Ruby players caused a 56% spike in DHT production after only 7 days.
And like I posted earlier, I'm fully aware that Creatine is not a steroid which is the reason why Testosterone did not increase during this study. However, DHT levels did.

So please retract your statement that I was posting false information.

EDIT: Creatine certainly will help with muscle growth and strength.
My max bench went as high as 315x5. When I stopped, it went back down to 285x5.
Many others have said they've had great success with creatine usage when it comes to gaining mass and strength.
Ryan Reynolds has been on record saying that he saw significant gains when he started using the stuff while filming Blade 3.
I'll never use the stuff again because of the documented side affects, but it certainly will help those looking to gain strength and mass (even if most of it is water gain).

Double-Edit:
Another great link that shows the results from the same test.
This time, they show results from a 2nd group that was using a placebo:

http://www.exercisebiology.com/index...r_your_health/

Last edited by AngryBoss: 07-30-2013 at 12:32 PM.
AngryBoss is offline   Reply With Quote