View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Preds33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I agree we are marginally better than last year, which is why I'm saying we finish somewhere between 20 and 25 instead of 27 like last year.

Before people say injuries, those will happen this year. Maybe as bad, maybe not, but they will happen for every team.
I think that the injuries was most of the problem last year. The other being that there was absolutely no training camp and no pre-season. I know that every team was also in this boat but I think that this team in general takes a bit longer to warm up than most. It looked like they had trouble getting going, but they were gaining momentum when the injury fiasco began. At one point the team was losing almost a player a game.

When you have 7 players make their NHL debut (Beck, Bartley, Bang, Watson, Forsberg, Henderson, & Rask) in the last 60% of the season , that and several other call-ups/waiver wire pick ups (Ekholm, Boychuk, Butler, Mueller) few teams do deal with that, and those that do usually finish where this team finished. Without the injuries, I do feel like the team would have made the playoffs, probably exited first round, but they would have made it.