View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Hiesenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Utley has nowhere near the value Lee has. Lee has had better health, he is signed for longer, and pitching wins championships. Just looking at the information out there, no one wants to give up anything despite the crappy market. You look at things from a business perspective. I can either keep this cheap young guy for the next 5 years or I can trade him for a guy that will give us one shot at a WS.

The only reason Cliff has such value is because of his multiple years left, so even if you lose this year, you can try again next year. There's no way you are getting a good prospect for Utley. You'd probably get more value waiting til the offseason and taking the compensating pick for him if he didn't sign.
Utley can certainly net you a really good prospect, it's foolish to think otherwise.

I really don't care what you say or think. Utley who right now is the 2nd best hitting 2nd baseman in the NL would land you a top prospect, maybe not Top 10 in the MLB, but a Top 3 on a lot of teams lists.