Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
my shot at lines:

Vanek-Hodgson-Ott
Leino-Grigs-Staff
Ennis-Larson-Foligno
Flynn-Porter-Kaleta
Tropp-Scott
Why are you putting Ennis on the third line that is going to get pretty bad minutes? Especially with players like Larrson and Foligno who are not exactly known for their offense. You play them to their strengths, Ennis' being offensive creativity. Give him other players that will reciprocate that.

Why do you think Vanek-Roy-Afino was so damn productive years ago? Because it was all offense, they feasted on lesser matchups because their top two lines commanded so much attention. I'm not saying we have a team close to that level, but the philosophy is the same. Put players where they can best succeed, which is with players of similar affinities, unless they are able to carry a line in some aspect.

Not saying that putting dissimilar players together can't work, I've seen it. But when it does work, its because there are very talented players carrying the line either offensively or defensively. Like the Leino-Briere-Hartnell line. Briere carried the line offensively while Leino chipped in offense and some possesion and Hartnell did his thing.

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote