View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
Del Zotto is not the second coming of Orr, he's a good young PMD but he's not worth Connolly + 2nd. Connolly would slot in right away on one of the top 2 lines and can see 25 goals. I think the value in the two is similar but we don't need a player like Del Zotto and you need a player like Connolly more.
Del Zotto absolutely is worth that much, if not more. Connolly couldn't make the Bolts this past season, what makes you think he supplants Nash, Hagelin, Callahan, Stepan, Brassard, Richards or Kreider in a fight for top six minutes in NY right now? He doesn't. MDZ is consistently undervalued in a massive way on these boards. We're talking about a kid who was on pace for his third 35+ point NHL season, as a d-man, at 22 last season. For all intents (difficult to say because of the lockout) he is essentially a proven 40+ point offensive d-man. He turned 23 a couple of weeks ago. His defensive game is tremendously underrated. Do you think John "doghouse" Tortorella would give him nearly 23 minutes a night, PP+PK+ES, if his defensive game hasn't improved in leaps and bounds from earlier in his career? He's young, he's physical, he's already in the top ~15 around the league in defensive scoring. His defense is now quite good and continuing to get better and he's not at his offensive peak either. I don't know how anyone could possibly think that gets moved for a question mark prospect who had one good AHL season and a second round pick. In fact, I will say with 1000% confidence that only at Hockey's FUTURE does anyone have the foolishness to think it does.

Nothing As It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote