View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Bezer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Ferland started the year in Abbotsford but was not in the shape that he needed to be in order to crack the lineup on a full time basis (keep in mind this was during the lockout and their was an excess of bodies). He was then sent down the the ECHL in order to get some playing time but decided that he would prefer to be returned back to Junior. It was his decision, not the Flames.

While your in the process off calling out players for regressing statistically, it should be pointed out that Jesse Blacker fits into that category as well.

The leafs are not giving up any value in this trade to begin with, and quite frankly neither is Calgary. This trade if were to be made would be to address needs for both teams, while also in the hope of recapturing the potential that each of these players once projected to have. It would also more than likely be a one for one swap.

I was skeptical that is was "his" choice because I had heard a discussion on the Fan saying "He wasn't ready to go Pro" so I asked Ryan Pinder who was the Abbotsford Heat's commentator his response was as follows:

Ryan Pinder ‏@RyanPinder 1h

@bezer89 Couldn't cut it in ABB with deep lockout rosters in Fall, then didn't seem to enjoy Utah (ECHL)... CHL meant more ice-time.
Hide conversation

So ya pretty much what HighLifeMan said. Although I suspect it was a mutual choice between team and player.

Also as far a statistically regress .. yes he did but there were underlying reasons. IMO he would of had similar numbers or better in junior if he played a full year. I wouldn't give up on Ferland but I would be OK with trading him.

Bezer is offline   Reply With Quote