Thread: Proposal: Rangers/Lightning
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 02:45 PM
HoseEmDown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
I haven't seen a post this ridiculous in quite some time...

1. Who said Del Zotto is the next coming of Bobby Orr? Because you can't understand that his value is higher than a hold out who was drafted the year before him doesn't mean that us Ranger fans think he's the next coming of Bobby Orr. Believe it or not, despite many Ranger fans using him as a scapegoat, he's scored at 35+ point pace in 3 of his 4 seasons, including a 10 goal 40 point year in his 3rd year that got him considerable Norris votes with Staal out of the line up for half the season. We don't think he's Bobby Orr, but we know he's worth a hell of a lot more than what Kyle Turris returned.

2. Brett Connolly has scored 5 goals and 16 points over 73 career NHL games and because of a 30-goal, 60-point season in the AHL, he's now a lock for top-6 minutes and 25 goals??? Where do you get this stuff from????
Nobody said he was the next Orr but me. It seems though that Ranger fans have his value through the roof. He's a good young PMD but he's not the only one out there. He's not worth more than Turris IMO cause Turris is a C who hold more value then PMD. We have no need for him anyway with Carle on the team and Barberio a possibility to make it.
Connolly played 68 of those games as a 19 who wasn't ready yet but the AHL wasn't an option. He showed in his 30 goal AHL season that he is the goal scorer he was drafted to be. He's ready for top 6 minutes now but we have two better players ahead of him so he's in the A still. Given the right center who can feed him I can't see why he won't get close to 25.

HoseEmDown is offline   Reply With Quote