Thread: Proposal: Rangers/Lightning
View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Unfinished Business

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post
I'm not the OP but what about

Lightning receive:
Michael Del Zotto
Samuel Noreau
2016 6th Round Pick
J.T. Miller

Rangers Receive:
Slater Koekkoek
Brett Connolly
NO this is closer noreau will fight but projects to bottom pairing and we need a top 4 and skating is seriously suspect and hockey iq are questioned. If he does develop into even a bottom guy we are looking at 4 years at least with his limitations at this point.

miller hasnt played a full season at ahl so wont knock him yet cause think he develops but would say would need like a second round pick at worst the next year with this deal and still is problem we dont need del zotto.

He is really not a good fit. If you ask anyone in tampa they will say we have carle already and koekkoek whom are a little better physical wise and equal as scorers and all are lefties which we are looking for right stay at home defenders whom are physical with some scoring doesnt need to be a 40 point guy just someone to take the point etc.. on that side with a little skill like 30 points I would be happy with if was true shut down and hit a ton and was ready for top four minutes.

So the problem is with this proposal we are getting a guy whom we already have two of within a year maybe three when add barberio but dont put him in league of the others yet would be adequate guy etc.. a guy who might never make it into the nhl at all whom projects a bottom pairing with bad skating and a 2016 6th rounder so all kinda useless so far to tampa and miller whom I think is gonna be a very good player in a few years for many years for two very good players?

Last edited by Unfinished Business: 07-30-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote