Old
07-30-2013, 04:24 PM
umbertovanek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Since we're making lines:

Vanek-Hodgson-Stafford
I like Stafford here better than the other available options. Armia will not be ready for 1st line duties IMO and Stafford is the best RW we have.

Ennis-Grigorenko-Foligno
Heavy O-zone starts like others have stated but with Foligno replacing Stafford to give this line some real sandpaper and hustle. Foligno can chip in with Offensive linemates as we saw at the tail end of '11-'12.

Ott-Larsson-Leino
Good defensive zone and Possesion line. I really think we're going to be impressed with Larsson. He plays a mature game for his age and I see him breaking out sooner rather than later, and Ott+Leino would be the perfect ingredients to achieve that. This is like your prototypical 40pt per player line with very solid defense on top.

Flynn-Porter-Kaleta
Typical energy and grit line with some speed. Flynn and Porter can move up to 2nd or 3rd lines if injuries strike.

Forward call ups in order: Tropp, Armia, Girgensons, Catenacci.

Myers-Ehrhoff
I think this top pairing could be in flux more than any other line. I could see Tallinder up here, and I think you could make a very compelling case to put Pysyk and Myers together. I think their styles could compliment each other very very well. In Pysyk I see a young Hank/Numminen type that Myers has excelled with.

Pysyk-Tallinder
Basically the same types of player, very defensively minded with poise and confidence. Hank=Perfect mentor for Pysyk in regards to playstyle.

Weber-McBain/McNabb/Ristolainen
This last D spot in the top 6 is going to be up for grabs IMO and whoever plays here will have to earn it among a crowded young D-corps.

7+8: Sulzer, Ristolainen. I think we keep 2 extra D-men up.
Those happen to be almost "my" exact lines. Only thing I'd change is have Foligno and Leino trade places. So you'd end up with a more accentuated version of the "first line - sheltered o-zone second line- shutdown third line" - blueprint.

Ennis-Grigorenko-Leino would be soft as butter but also skilled to boot and taking advantage of lesser opponents, whereas
Foligno -Larsson-Ott could be a real pain-in-the-ass shutdown line.
Other than that, I'm good.

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote