: Confirmed Signing with Link:
[TOR] Leafs re-sign Mark Fraser (1 year, $1.275M)
View Single Post
07-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Join Date: Apr 2006
Originally Posted by
I wouldn't be so sure about that. We're still talking about
- Bottom pairing defensive dman
- 6th in TOI/G among Leafs dmen that played at least half the regular season games. 8th (out of 9) among all Leafs dmen with no GP restriction.
- 6th in TOI/G in the playoffs.
- 3rd in SH TOI/G regular season with GP limit, 6th without limit.
- Played a total of 30 NHL games the prior two seasons before playing 45 this past season.
- Career 16 points in 143 games (0.11PPG)
When arguing stats in front of the arbitrator, his best two attributes are going to be playing on the 2nd PK pairing and leading the team in +/-.
Compared to the rest of the D in the league:
1st in major penalties with 9, next closest player has 6.
2nd in the league for hits.
15th in the league for blocked shots.
T-3rd in the league for +/-.
For a defensive d-man that is expected to be tough to play against, he delivered on all fronts.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Caesium