View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 04:41 PM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacMan93 View Post
A friend of mine told me about him getting drafted today and I was in shock.

The kid played on my midget team 2 years ago and was one of are weakest players. He was already over 6`0 tall at that point and still had trouble.

I play in a beer league now with a former qmjhl, junior a, and junior aaa(quebec) players and we were gonna call him to play with us for 2 games but we decided not too because we did not think he was strong enough......now he gets drafter to the nhl a few months later.

I have not seen him play for over a year but I really dont think he could make any qmjhl team.
I know plenty of people who have played with and against him, and it's my understanding that his game took some fairly large strides between his sophomore year and his junior year (last season).

USHR (a New England hockey journal) had this to say about him after the season he had:

Quote:
Terrance Amorosa, D, Jr. (Holderness/uncommitted) 6-2/190 ó The junior defender from Kirkland, Quebec has been flying under the radar this season, but that is no longer the case. Senior defenseman Phil Johansson is generally regarded as the teamís top prospect, but we like Amorosa more. The tall, slender defenseman is a fluid skater for a big kid and has a good stick. His game has come a long way in the last 12 months and we feel there is a good chance an NHL team will draft him with a late-round pick. D-I schools are very interested and we are told he has offers on the table.
So I believe what you're saying, but he may be quite a bit better than you remember.

That being said, I highly doubt he ever amounts to anything. And though he put up 26 points in 29 games, he wasn't dominant at the prep level and Holderness plays a terribly easy schedule. I'd say this pick was worse than Goulbourne, but nobody on here can really be outraged by it because they know very little about prep hockey.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote