View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Random Forest
aka hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Zach would instantly be our best dman if we traded for him. You'd REALLY see just how many steps Timonen has "lost" if we replaced him on the top pairing with Bogo. Zach will likely be one of the most under-rated dmen in the league for his entire career in part because of where he plays and in part because he's not "flashy" offensively. He would remind you very much of Timonen with his all-around play.
Bogo is nothing like Timonen. He's more of a Ryan Suter type. Not much in the way of a smooth puck handler like Timonen, but he always makes solid, simple decisions.

Quote:
As for what it would cost to acquire him, think Jake + 2nd most likely. Jake alone doesn't get it done and B Schenn doesn't even get the Jets on the phone.
In a vacuum, Jake and Bogo have equal value. But Bogo is a franchise cornerstone for Winnipeg, so it would take a lot more than fair value to pry him away.

As an aside, Winnipeg's situation is going to get interesting when Trouba breaks into the league. They're going to have a heavy overload of defenders. Not like that's a problem, but if they have issues scoring, I'd wonder if they'd move Byfuglien, Enstrom, or even Trouba. Though, I guess they could just move Buff to forward.

Trouba will be a stud. I'd pay pretty to have him.

Random Forest is online now   Reply With Quote