View Single Post
Old
07-30-2013, 11:21 PM
jedimyrmidon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Kadri??

I asked if you thought Diaz is an NHL 2nd pairing DMan since you do not think that Franson is.
I think Diaz is good enough for a second pairing guy: he is smart, can skate, is good positionally and is good at passing.

The original point I brought up before you brought up Franson's point totals was that Franson is NOT a big crease-clearing rugged Dman who hits hard as some were portraying him to be. He is an offensive Dman (as may be seen by the point totals he put up), and the Habs already have enough of those. Could Diaz be replaced by a big guy like Franson? Sure. Doesn't really address the need for physicality, grit and nastiness though.

As for Kadri, yeah, ignore that comment. I didn't bring him up in the right context... but I am pretty sure Franson-Fraser played at the time as Kadri's line, which would explain Franson's high point totals, i.e., their production was tied together last season. Heck, Fraser looked like some defensive beast, which he isn't - if he were played in tougher situations, he wouldn't have fared so well.

jedimyrmidon is offline   Reply With Quote